Friday 15 July 2011

Swimming breakthrough!

I've had a bit of a breakthrough in my swimming today and am really pleased. I discovered that I am naturally very buoyant in the water during a Swim Smooth day back in May and my style as a 'swinger' means I need the mobility in my shoulders to not be hampered by a wetsuit. I have struggled to swim well in a wetsuit so have been doing some (warm) sessions in my local pool.
Today I finally managed to be faster in a wetsuit than without one, beating my non-wetsuit PB of 14:43 mins and achieving 13:56 mins for 750m! I was actually quite tired after my gym session and I have a sore throat so thought my time trial had not gone well...
I'm so pleased that I have signed up for a swim in Morecombe Bay in late August (should be nice and warm by then) and an ironman distance in Coniston Water mid August of 3.8km. I'm looking forward to transferring my new found skills to open water, and contemplating an Ironman in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment