Sunday 22 May 2011

New bike cushion!

Rob at Bromakin put me in touch with Covertec Solutions: http://covertecsolutions.com
a company that makes beautiful made-to measure upholstery for cars but also bespoke cushions for wheelchairs.
I went down there a few weeks ago to discuss my requirements as the old cushion that came with my second hand bike was making me sit awkwardly and aggravating my shoulder injury. Paul made a paper pattern and I hoped it would arrive in time for the Nationals.
I ended up sending them my own tracing paper pattern after taking Rob's advice about changing my seating position when I visited to collect my race chair. The cushion was made in a couple of weeks and came the day before the Nationals. I eagerly ripped off the old velcro, had a quick sit and realised my seating was too different to try out in my first race! I have now had a chance to try out the new cushion and bed it in and can't wait to do a time trial. But maybe not today-it's windy and rainy outside! Best stick to the turbo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment