Sunday 8 May 2011

Brigg Charity Ride

http://www.lincsquad.co.uk/images/news/CycloSportive_2011.jpgI was persuaded ages ago to enter this fun event by Alan Rayment, a member of Lincsquad and Paralympic Affiliate squad member. It's all in aid of Lindsey Lodge Hospice. Needless to say, Alan and I didn't do the 100 miles or the 100km...but a good 10km ride into a headwind, with a glorious 10km ride home in 22 minutes, with a great tailwind! I got a PB of 58:59, but Alan had to wait for me several times on the outward course. It was definitely not flat! Jack, a visually impaired lad, rode a tandem and is coming to compete in the Nationals next Saturday. I think he will surprise a few people...
After a strong coffee and flapjack, we were off with a group of disabled youngsters from Hull Panthers who were all on the road for the first time. Alan and I used our race chairs and there were hand cycles and trikes set up for the others. We did a 5km course and everyone enjoyed themselves. I had a go on one of the bikes after, a Hase, which I had thought about trying to buy a few years back. Just as well I didn't, as it would not be race legal and they cost about £4,000.
I was about to head off home when I spotted a lovely lady doing massage in the awning for a charitable donation, so I had a quick neck, arms and shoulders done. Bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment