Sunday 3 April 2011

Last Leeds winter training session

Actually managed to turn up five minutes early to the last winter training session at John Charles Centre for Sport in Leeds on Saturday, much to Paul's amazement. It's only because I didn't stop at Ferrybridge M&S on the way for some goodies...
Sadly, it's the last one until the autumn. I brought some choccies for everyone, but we had to work for them!
Warm-up inside, starts, stretches then outside in glorious sunshine for some tempo and fartleks sessions. I lost count of how many laps I did. Probably not as many as the others but I'm pleased with my 5km run time of 24 mins for the time being. I'm sure I'll improve with my own chair. Paul has kindly said I may keep his chair until mine arrives, then come down on a Thursday evening to test it all out. It seems ridiculous that I have to travel two hours out of Lincolnshire to get some quality coaching, but it just highlights the lack of wheelchair sports provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment