Monday 28 March 2011

Woodhall ride

Wow! Sunshine and shorts last Friday on a ride round Woodhall Spa with Layla. I'm really pleased with the work TFN have done on my bike; it switched gears beautifully, I didn't get any shoulder pain and my helmet and tri suit were comfy.
I only lost the chain once and that was my fault for trying to switch to the granny cog. Layla popped it back on and wiped the oil onto her leg!
We stopped in Woodhall for an ice-cream, much to everyone's amusement, before changing to the race chair and doing the 5km run course. Someone at the Council has decided chippings on tarmac are cost effective, but it doesn't make for a smooth surface to push the race chair over. I managed to push Layla into a faster pace than she normally does and finished in 25 minutes, so really pleased. Roll on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment