Wednesday 9 March 2011

Turbo

Decided to take my bike and turbo to Alford Wheelers Club house tonight to see if I could get some help with my gears, which are still problematic. Two very helpful blokes had a look at the derailleur and I got my trusty screwdriver out my expanding kit bag. It's still not perfect but better than it was.
They then carried my bike upstairs, set up my turbo and put the telly on! I thought we'd be cycling along watching some country scene, but no, they did all that weeks ago, and this was a Lance Armstrong time trial special.
I valiantly managed to keep hand cranking for an entire 58 mins with cries of "Good job!" from the telly. Seriously, I did learn that I can do different cadences and when I might need to do them, shift gears more smoothly and keep going when it gets tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment