Friday 4 March 2011

Things are hotting up!

I feel like I'm on a bit of a roller coaster ride right now! Having just received news of gaining a place on the affiliate performance squad and put the training weekends in my diary, I've had to contact Tom Goldspink, the media manager at BTF, with a quote for a press release to announce the new squads. Gulp! I said how the Open Day in Loughborough really set the ball rolling as it enabled me to think about actually competing in a whole race not just as part of a team, once I was classified. I hope it sounds o.k. after being 'media-managed'.

I also received information from Jonathan Riall, Paratriathlon Programme Manager about a research project specific to Tri1 paratriathletes. It's a study into training for TRI1 Paratriathletes run by Scott Murray who is studying for an Msc. I'll first be assessed using a DXA scanner which shows body percentages and bone density. As a sci paraplegic and going through the menopause, I'm definitely interested in bone density. Then, there will be a series of physical tests done before and after a simulated race, with a program devised from that. Then, after eight weeks, another set of tests to see how things have changed. I've signed up for it as it will be immensely useful for my training. I'll post any interesting information, even if it means I have to admit to too much body fat...


No comments:

Post a Comment