Friday 18 March 2011

Ramp Test!

This is me smiling before the ramp test...You can't see the computerised turbo on my front wheel, or my coach Judith holding the control, and increasing the resistance every two minutes. The pace got progressively harder, until my pesky right shoulder started to hurt and we had to call it a day. I'd worked up a bit of a sweat but wasn't really breathless.
I wore a heart rate monitor for the first time and was pleasantly surprised that my HR dropped quickly after exertion. Judith reckons I must be aerobically fit but now need to work on my endurance. So, either all that swimming has paid dividends at last, or my sci complicates things with an artificially low heart rate. I'd be very interested to know the answer.
Today I have been icing my hand and shoulder after skipping wheelchair training at the track last night. I can't afford to miss training through injury at this stage. I really need to sort out my hand grips and technique first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment