Monday 28 February 2011

British Paratriathlon Performance Programme!

I'm very excited to find out today that I have been selected for a place on the Paralympic Affiliate Squad by British Triathlon for 2011!
I know that there is not a lot of competition (I've only heard of one other new athlete who's transferring from wheelchair racing to Tri1 women) so I didn't really have to contest my place, but it is a huge boost to be recognised as an athlete who wants to achieve whatever they are capable of. They could have said no and waited for a someone with better times, more training under their belt or a bit younger :-)
What this means, is that I will be able to attend three training camps this year and compete for GB in all major international paratriathlon competitions! Crikey, no pressure then...
The Europeans are in Spain in June and Worlds in Beijing. The downside is that there is no funding available to cover the costs of these competitions, so I will have to get my thinking cap on and stop spending money on my bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment