Tuesday 18 January 2011

Training


The meccano set is now all put together but still needs tweaking. I've changed the long hand pedals for a short set, lifted the seat and crank arm but can't get my legs bent in the right position. I may try a bar across the foot rests to shorten them, as being 5' 1.5" this bike was not made to fit my size!
The first time I took it out on the road was a bit scary and hard work with the first set-up. Typically, it was raining. A friend, Mick, got his bike out to accompany me thank God.
I tried a 'brick' session with Layla yesterday, 30 lengths, timed swim (8.50 for 400m but only second week back since op for me) then off for 12km ride along pot holed roads-ouch! The sun even came out! Got lots of surprised looks from motorists...
Rebecca and I did a V-Dot test for run with Lincoln Tri Club at Yarborough on Saturday which gives us a base for our training schedules. I'm not sure how I will have to adapt it for handcycling and wheelchair racing plus my bike doesn't fit on the turbo trainers because of the foot rests. I also can't get the bike out of the boot of my car independently nor can I get in or out of the chair without help, because my feet need strapping in. Just a few things to sort out.

No comments:

Post a Comment