Saturday 22 January 2011

Mr Fixit!



I've had problems with the lowest 'granny cog' on my bike, so popped into James Cycle in Alford on the way to pick my daughter up from school on Wednesday. I drew a small crowd of bike enthusiasts and blocked the pavement as my hand cycle was 'oh-ed' and 'ah-ed' over. Glen did a lovely job of fixing it at no charge and didn't try and sell me anything! I think I have found my bike nirvana. I also found out about Alford Wheelers CC.
After a spin round Manby airfield in the racing chair on Thursday-thank you Manby Motorplex for allowing me access to the airfield for safe off road practice- Parent's evening loomed. We got out in record time, grabbed some chips (first time in months-honest! and I was starving!) and bumped into Mike, a customer from the cycle store, who we followed to the Wheeler's Club house hidden behind the Market Square.
Lots more 'oh's' and 'ah's' and a bit of lateral thinking showed me how my bike would fit on a turbo trainer placed back to front. Unfortunately it requires a spacer which they are hunting down for me. I might then be able to join in a turbo session one Wednesday evening. In the mean time, I need to put in some hours on the bike to be able to join their twenty mile 'social' rides-eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment