Tuesday 14 December 2010

First Triathlon booked!


Today I booked my daughter and I on our first Triathlon competition. We are competing at Woodhall Spa on May 29th 2011. It is Sprint distance and consists of:

400m swim in outdoor pool
24km cycle
5km run

The swim will not be in a wetsuit as it is a heated pool so I am worried about my legs dragging on the swim. This will slow me down considerably and use a lot more energy. Most triathlon swims are open water where I can use a wetsuit for buoyancy, which will be easier for me. I have to bind my legs together for the swim as this is a new rule for paratriathlon, but am not sure what to use yet.
I am itching to get training again, but have to wait until 5th January to see the Consultant and hopefully get the all clear. I cant believe that my five weeks of training before my op are now going to waste, but I know I can build up quite quickly again.



No comments:

Post a Comment